Welcome to the Being Human events upload form, where you can upload all the information about your event for the print programme and for inclusion on our website listing. On this page you will find a guide showing you how to upload and manage your events for the festival. If you have any problems uploading, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Go to beinghumanfestival.org/events/myevents/. You’ll be asked to log in or register for an account. If you don’t already have an account, please register.
- Go to your email inbox and click the link activating your account. Please check your junk box if nothing has appeared within a few minutes.
- Now go back to beinghumanfestival.org/events/myevents and log in!
The top of the form displays a button, which will allow you to see all of your uploaded events – if you’ve uploaded any yet!
Add a title
Please keep your title under 60 characters. You can check your character count here.
Add a time and date
Add a time and date to your event. If it’s an all-day event, tick the relevant box.
If you are running a single event: make sure the two dates are the same and set the right opening/closing times.
If you are running a large event with lots of different activities within it (e.g. a museum takeover) please create one listing and use the event blurb to describe smaller activities that people may encounter.
If you are running an event that repeats several times over a number of days (e.g. a lunchtime talk that repeats in different slots): please upload each “occurrence” as a separate event (unless they all have the same booking link, then create a single listing).
If you are running an exhibition or other event that runs over several days: choose the first and last dates of the event in the relevant fields, and delete the time fields. Put any additional information about opening times in the description box later.
Add a description
This description is only for use online. Please ensure your description is no longer than 160 words. Check your word count here.
Upload an image for your online listing
If you would like us to select an image for your event, don’t upload an image.
If you upload an image, please make sure it’s less than 2MB in size and more than 750 pixels in width. You are also required to fill out the copyright information later in the form or your image will be removed before it goes live on our website.
Add a category
Add a category to your event: these are types of events. You can select multiple categories.
Add a booking or website URL
Paste in a URL for the website where people can find more information about the event or book tickets. If your institution or venue does not have its own events or booking system, we recommend using Eventbrite (click here for a guide) to manage your bookings.
Add the cost
Add in the cost for your event: if it is free, please enter ‘0’
Add an organiser
Choose the Organiser from the list. The full list of organisers will already be uploaded for you to choose from. If there are multiple organisers for one event, you can click the ‘Add Another Organiser’ button. If an organiser isn’t on the list, please contact the Being Human Team to add them.
Add a venue
Choose a venue from the existing list – or if your venue does not exist then click Create and fill out the fields that appear. If you do not know what venue you are using, please enter TBC.
For region, please use one of the following:
- East Midlands
- East of England
- North East England
- North West England
- Northern Ireland
- South East England
- South West England
- West Midlands
- Yorkshire and the Humber
For phone number, either enter the event organiser contact details or the venue contact details, whichever is more appropriate to answer enquiries.
For website, enter the venue’s website, if applicable.
PLEASE BE AWARE THAT YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO APPEAR IN THE PRINT PROGRAMME IF YOU ARE SUBMITTING COPY AFTER AUGUST 1.
This section of the form allows you to upload additional information for the online and print versions.
Add a short description for print
Add a description of just a few sentences (no more than 40 words) for the print programme. Check your word count here.
Add additional information (part 1)
- Choose if booking is required or not: if you have ticked ‘Yes’, please ensure the website field is filled out above
- Type in your series name if your events are part of a series
- Type in your contact email address (this will display on the website)
- Type in any event partners
Add additional information (part 2)
- Pick your region from the drop-down
- Type in the city/town where your event will be held
- Include any accessibility information for the venue where your event is being held e.g. ‘There is a lift for wheelchair access and an induction loop’ or ‘Please be aware that there are 140 steps up to the bell-tower and no wheelchair access.’
- If you have uploaded an image, you are required to fill out the copyright information field or your image will be removed before it goes live on our website.
- If your image is public domain (ie copyright free) please write ‘Public Domain’
Your event will be approved by a member of the Being Human team before going live on the website in late September. We will email you once events have gone live and you will be given time to look over your events prior to the official launch of the online programme in October. You will have a chance to send changes to the Being Human team prior to launch day.
If you wish to make changes, you can email the Being Human team. Please note that we will not change titles after 1 September.