- This event has passed.
12 November, 2020, 6:00 pm - 7:30 pm
This is an online event.
Many know Turkish ‘Kahvehanes’, or coffee-houses, where Turkish men sip from their coffee or tea, play their favourite game, ‘Okey’, and talk about everyday topics. This online-‘Kahvehane’ breaks with preconceptions and is an open space to discuss art and experiences of living or working abroad in the cultural sector.
Virtually visit Kübra Zeynep Sarıaslan, who is working as an academic across borders and listen to filmmaker Eren Aksu who is currently based in Berlin. Hear about their challenges about arriving and working in a different country and get some hands on advice. You can even take home a recipe for some Turkish pastry! This event will take place on Zoom. A link will be sent to registered participants.
• Eren Aksu is a filmmaker based in Berlin. In his latest film Other than that I am fine, which was screened at the renowned Oberhausen filmfestival, he investigated the realm of a women who recently migrated from Turkey to Germany.
• Kübra Zeynep Sarıaslan is a social anthropologist and has recently written about Turkish artists in Germany in her latest publication.
• Verena Niepel is a journalist and PhD researcher at Newcastle University. Her topics are cultural politics in Berlin and the community of recently migrated artists from Turkey in Berlin.
What to expect?
• Lightning talk by Verena Niepel
• (Virtual) visit Kübra Zeynep Sarıaslan
• Artist-talk: Eren Aksu
In partnership withN/A
Contact email email@example.com
Book your tickets