- This event has passed.
Finding Mr Hart
24 November, 2017, 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
At the dawn of the 20th century, Robert Edward Hart lived a quiet life in Blackburn, managing the family rope-making business. Few people realised he was spending his family’s wealth to create one of Britain’s most impressive book and coin collections. Using interviews, letters, business records, and Hart’s personal notes, this creative theatre show takes audiences into the quiet but imaginative world of one of the Britain’s most important collectors. Staged in Blackburn at the historic Blackburn Cotton Exchange.
The event will be followed by a wine reception in the Blackburn Museum and Art Gallery.
£2.50 entrance fee.
Blackburn Cotton Exchange is old building with risks involved to all those who enter it.
- Every effort has been made to ensure that loose masonry or other hazards on the walls have been removed. All ceiling tiles have been checked to ensure they are well fixed. Other areas have been netted where it was not possible to ensure safety. Hard hats may no longer be required therefore.
- There have been pigeons in the building, so the dust will contain pigeon droppings. There are no pigeons now and there has been a huge effort to reduce the dust, so face masks are not required.
- It is not possible to visit the site without being accompanied. Cordoned off areas are very unsafe and include holes in the floor, so do not cross a cordon.
- There is temporary lighting, so high visibility jackets are not required. There are no emergency lights.
- There is no disabled access or exit and there are no toilets.
- There is one fire exit at the back of the building, but this is through a cordoned off area.
- Continuing to book for this event is taken as understanding and agreement to these conditions
This event is also taking place in London on Friday 17 November 18:30–20:30.
For event information, please contact Dr Cynthia Johnston at firstname.lastname@example.org.